COMING UP NEXT
June 18 and 19, 2022
Shadows, Visions and Dreams
Our 43rd Season Grand Finale concert – Shadows, Visions and Dreams – will present the premiere of a commission by our own Eric Tuan, along with a program of leading-edge vocal music from diverse voices including Aftab Darvishi, Jens Ibsen, Tania León, and Jerod Impichchaachaaha’ Tate.
Saturday June 18, 7 PM Pacific time – we’re on the concert series at St. Paul’s Episcopal, 1924 Trinity Avenue in Walnut Creek
Come in person or sign up to watch the LIVE STREAM! Click here for Walnut Creek tickets. Donations encouraged.
Sunday June 19, 4 PM Pacific time at Noe Valley Ministry, 1021 Sanchez Street in San Francisco
Click here for San Francisco tickets.
Advance prices: $40 Adult/$35 Senior (65+)/$15 Age 35 & under.
At the door prices: $50 Adult/$45 Senior/$20 Age 35 & under
- In the Rain Shadow, from Mary Austin’s book about the Owens Valley, by Bay Area composer/conductor/educator (and former Volti tenor) Eric Tuan *Volti Commission, World Premiere
- Visions of a Child, by Jerod Impichchaachaaaha’ Tate, inspired by and dedicated to the Pueblo Indian people of New Mexico
- Rezos (Dreams), by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Tania León, setting texts by Jamaica Kincaid
- And the world stopped, lacking you, by Iranian composer Aftab Darvishi, setting a 1916 poem by the British pacifist poet Vera Brittain
- How god comes to the soul, by Bay Area composer Jens Ibsen, setting a text by the medieval mystic Mechthild von Magdeburg.